One of the best things about early mornings during the month of May, is that it starts to smell like a camp morning. Each morning you wake to a new spring growing louder and louder, the mornings are full of light, the birds are singing, color is popping up everywhere, you have a head full of dreams and a heart full of hope, and beyond the door the sun beckons you to come out and play. As we kick off a beautiful new spring, listen to your heart and let the road lead you straight to Hickory Hollow Campground.
Hickory Hollow Campground officially opened on April 15th and that means taking the RV out of hibernation. If you took the proper steps to winterize the RV, it should be ready to go with minimal preparation.
RV Spring Cleaning Checklist
Follow this handy checklist to ensure your RV is as ready as you are and won’t let you down.
- Check the unit for any damage – tree limbs that fell, or rodents that may have enjoyed the warmth over the winter, etc.
- Check the outside components for cracked side vents, missing light covers, baggage door operation, turn signals etc.
- Check to make sure the license plate, insurance and registration is current.
- Check the tires for proper air pressure and cracks in the sidewalls. Don’t forget the spare.
- Make sure the carbon monoxide detector, smoke alarm, LP detector, and fire extinguishers are all in working order.
- Make sure the water level in the battery is correct and terminals are tight.
- Flush and fill the freshwater tank to check for leaks.
- Clean the air conditioning filter
- Give the inside a thorough cleaning and evict any unwanted visitors like bugs and mice.
- Make sure you have an up-to-date fully supplied first aid kit.
- Air it out and make sure all windows and vents are in working order.
- Restock with fresh towels and linens that may have been removed last winter.
Okay, the family is ready to start their fun camping adventure in southwestern PA after being cooped up with a mask on all winter. You have reviewed the spring checklist and the RV is ready to go straight to the beautiful Laurel Highlands to breathe some of that fresh mountain air as well, so what’s the next step to enjoy all the wonderful amenities camping offers?
To enjoy the great outdoors…the way you like it, just go straight to the Hickory Hollow Campground website https://hickoryhollowcampground.com, take five minutes and make those reservations for the summer. With 75 acres of beautiful rolling hills, a lake, and many wooded areas, Hickory Hollow Campground offers the serenity you are looking for. RV sites are pull-through with water, electric, sewer, Wi-Fi and cable TV. New or first-time campers may enjoy renting one of the beautiful premium or rustic log cabins available overlooking the lake, while seasoned tent campers keep coming back to enjoy the shaded sites and hammocks overlooking the entire campground.
The Laurel Highlands, a beautiful summer destination, is easily accessible and offers numerous adventures and experiences for the entire family. Your itinerary will easily fill up with unique and thrilling activities for everyone in the family. Activities in the Laurel Highlands range from water parks and petting zoos for the toddlers; cave exploring and escape rooms for the teens; thrill seekers can check out the oval track on a Saturday night, axe throwing or whitewater rafting; and for those inclined to relax, don’t miss the local farmers market, live music and spirit sampling; we have history buffs covered too with the 911 memorial, museums, and so much more. Visit https://www.golaurelhighlands.com for experiences available in the area.
So, the next time you are in a ZOOM virtual meeting, looking like you are listening…but really thinking about how much better life is when you’re camping, remember what Albert Einstein said, “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” The campfire, the stars, and Hickory Hollow is calling out to you for some much-needed outdoor therapy! We are looking forward to seeing you this summer.